At CLC Trenython Manor food and drink is served throughout the day until 9pm, so whatever it is you want and whenever you want it, we are there to satisfy your appetite.
Lunches can be taken in our bar and on the terrace, where ever changing views over St Austell Bay keep your gaze. Homemade soup, sandwiches and salads are on offer as well as the traditional Cornish cream tea with homemade scones.
All our dishes are created with flair by chefs who favour the finest, locally produced ingredients where possible. From simple, light choices such as grilled lemon sole to rich and tasty slow braised pork belly, there is always plenty of choice to tempt the palate and an excellent wine list to accompany.
Vegetarians will enjoy a taste of something different with for example, grilled Cornish Halloumi cheese with savoury cous cous and a sun blush tomato and black olive sauce.
In 1891 the restaurant was panelled with carved oak walls that are said to date back to the 16th century. Gathered mostly from churches, some of the fine panelling comes from York Minster and Worcester Cathedral. This ornate panelling adds a touch of history and drama to the Trenython dining experience.
Following the government’s announcement that Cornwall will enter Tier 2, bar and lounge opening times and service from 28th December are as follows:
- The main Restaurant remains closed.
- The Bar and Lounge areas are open Fridays to Sundays: 12 noon – 4pm only. Mondays – Thursdays: closed all day.
- Bar and Lounge seating is arranged to allow physical distancing.
- A takeaway service is available Fridays to Sundays: 12 noon – 4pm only. Orders and payment will be made via telephone against the payment card stored in the Secure Trading System.
- Alcohol can only be served with a substantial meal.
- There is no breakfast service.